An Overview of Computer Vision Issues from Hofacre Optometric Corporation
During the past few decades, technology has drastically changed the way nearly everyone lives their lives. One of the biggest changes that has arrived has been the growth and development of computer use. Without a doubt, these tools have their place; however, they also lead to vision problems. It is important for everyone to know about the issues extended computer use can cause and how these issues can be addressed. At Hofacre Optometric Corporation, we are here to provide optometry services to everyone in the Chino Hills and San Dimas areas. This includes computer vision syndrome.
The Issues with Extended Computer Use
Many people spend their days sitting in front of a computer screen; however, there are a few issues that this can cause. All of them can cause someone to damage their eyes. Some of the problems to note include:
- The blue light that is emitted from the computer screen can lead to eye damage over time. In addition, it can make it hard for someone to fall asleep at night.
- Often, the computer screen is too close to the face. This causes the eyes to have to refocus continually as someone uses the computer. This can lead to eye fatigue.
- Too often, people use a computer in a dark room. The contrast with the bright screen can also serve as a shock to the eyes, leading to headaches and eye problems.
In order to fix this, there are a few tips that everyone should follow when they use a computer.
How to Manage Computer Vision Issues
For those who are using a computer on a regular basis, there are a few tips that everyone should follow. Some of them include:
- Try to take breaks while working on the computer. After working for a few minutes, look away from the screen. Once an hour or so, get up and walk away from the computer.
- Try to sit with the computer at arm's length. This will keep the screen far enough away to give the eyes a rest.
- See an optometrist regularly for eye checkups to learn more about how to take care of your eyes.
Contact Hofacre Optometric Corporation Today to Learn more
At Hofacre Optometric Corporation, we are here to provide comprehensive optometry services to everyone in Chino Hills and San Dimas. This includes helping our dedicated patients with issues related to computer vision. Our optometry team works hard to make sure they learn and read about the developments happening in our field.
We want to provide our patients with the latest diagnostic and treatment modalities. If you would like to learn more about how we can help you, give us a call today to make an appointment!